?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /-->
“Where Dance and Family are ONE”!
100 Spartan Drive Unit 2&3 Wilmington, NC 28405
What to Expect Your First Week
1. The lobby is packed! This will all settle down after the first 2 weeks of dance.
2. There is A LOT of switching around (making sure students are in the right classes) and parents are settling into a NEW dance schedule for the year. Please be patient! Classes often have to change time, depending on the number of students. A minimum of 4 students is required for each class.
3. The first few weeks of dance are a review (like in school) and everyone is getting comfortable with new classes and teachers. This helps to make students comfortable and the teachers can see if they are in the correct class.
4. Combo classes (tap/jazz. tap/ballet, tap/creative movement) will need to have on their tap shoes each week when entering the class. Please put all other shoes in the dance bag that they will bring in with them. Please label shoes! The teachers will help dancers change their shoes in the middle of class.
5. If dancers are placed into classes that are not correct for them….DO NOT WORRY…we will find the right class!
6. The younger dancer will often have some anxiety the first few weeks. This is very normal and the teachers are used to this and they are trained to get children quickly on task. It is not uncommon to have a few dancers on the hip the first month of class!
7. Parking is one of the complaints that most parents have. This is something that CANNOT be helped. Please be careful to watch for children!
8. Parents please have students use the bathroom BEFORE class! Teachers will gladly take them but it is very disruptive! Please be ON TIME for class!
9. You DO NOT have to stay in the lobby while your child is in class. However, you must be here to pick them up when class is over. If you are running late please call the studio.
10. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask the secretary at the desk. DanZQuest wants your dance experience to be a positive and rewarding experience.